The rising concern about human healthcare is one of the biggest challenges the world is facing today. Neurological disorders and epilepsy are certainly surging issues that require substantial knowledge for treatment. Studies suggest that nearly 150000 Americans fall prey to the life-threatening disorder related to the central nervous system which causes seizures. It is not a surprise that epilepsy is one of the most common health issues that one in every 26 Americans suffers in their lifetime. A report by CDC states that 1% of the American population suffers from this disorder and the world health organisation records nearly 50 million of the world’s population has epilepsy. Neurological disorders are rampant in the world affecting millions of lives globally. People suffering from dementia are approximately 47 million globally and nearly 7 million new cases occur on a daily basis. Therefore, there is a great need for knowledgeable and professional surgeons to treat patients suffering from epilepsy. The growing demand for specialists to treat patients is seen through various statistical data with the employment growth of nearly 5% in the last 5 years, the biotech industry is surging with employment opportunities indicating the need.
It is extremely fortunate to have a professional like Mr. Davlatkhon Akramov who comes with a strong background and professional experience to help patients suffering from neurological disorders like epilepsy. Mr Akramov has immense knowledge that he contributes to society in the field of healthcare and biotechnology mainly concerning neurology and epilepsy care. His merits in business, education, professional experience, entrepreneurship, technology, and science are worth applause. Currently, he is focusing on the field of neurology to treat patients with seizures. He holds high qualifications and professional expertise that is necessary for the neurology department. With the impeccable accumulation of knowledge, expertise, and educational background that Mr Akramov possesses he purposefully utilises the skills to integrate the best technologies in the neuroscience department.
He gained a professional degree in medicine. He graduated in the year 2017 from the Samarkand State Medical Institute, Samarkand, Uzbekistan. His degree is the US equivalent of a combined Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Medicine Degree which is based on the evaluation granted by the regionally accredited educational institution in the United States. His working experience as a Nurse assistant at the “Samarkand Regional Hospital of Orthopedics and Traumatology which is known as one of the most prestigious and well-known medical facilities in Uzbekistan proves his substantial knowledge and degree. He has a great deal of exposure by working with people of all ages from children, adolescents, adults, and elderly people. His meticulous efforts and achievements have evidence which have been represented in peer-reviewed publications .His scientific research, articles, and publications posted in leading and prestigious forums represent the quality of his work which is presented at international conferences. He keeps technological trends abreast which allows him to offer the best care to the patients. His focus is early diagnosis, prophylaxis, and the analysis and understanding of varied treatments to bring about overall health outcomes.
Apart from holding a Bachelor’s degree as a General Practitioner in the branch of Medical Practice (Physician) from Samarkand State Medical Institute, Uzbekistan. Some of his qualifications and notable accomplishments are:
- Attended Bell Language School From 2018 to 2019, Mr. Akramov
- Studied at the Kaplan Medical Center (USMLE) from 2019 to 2020,
- Studied as a Medical Assistant at the New York Institute of English and Business from 2020 to 2021
He has been associated with various organisations and has presented his knowledge and worth in numerous conferences and meetings. Some of his accomplishments are:
- Winner of the 71st scientific and practical conference of students and young scientists with international participation awarded by Samarkand State Medical Institute. Additionally he was also awarded for active participation in the same conference.
- Attended XXI All-Russian (54’th All-Union) Scientific Student Conference on “Topical issues of surgery, anesthesiology, and resuscitation of children” in Chelyabinsk, on April 21-24, 2014.
- Obtained Seizure Recognition and First Aid Certification from the Epilepsy Foundation in 2021.
- Attended the 34th International Epilepsy Congress by EACCME (European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education) from August 28 to September 1, 2021.
- Attended the 2022 Annual Scientific meeting by AANS (American Association of Neurological Surgeons) on May 06, 2022.
- The research “Transdisciplinary research linking neuroscience, brain medicine, and computer science,” coauthored by Mr. Akramov was published in 2017 at the 1st HBP Student conference. It discusses neurological abnormalities that affect walking that occur early in several types of non-Alzheimer’s dementias. The conclusion of the study says the presence of neurological walking abnormalities in elderly persons without dementia at baseline is a significant sign of the risk of development of dementia, especially non Alzheimer’s dementia.
- His article named “Neurological disorders and conditions of cerebral hemodynamics in patients with discirculatory encephalopathy on the background of arterial hypotension,” is published in the European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine (EJMCM).
Further in his Personal statement and Business plan, he has the below mentioned recognitions:
- Mr. Akramov’s success in the 68th scientific and practical conference of students and young scientists with international participation hosted by Samarkand State Medical Institute was published in a local newspaper on April 30, 2014.
- He won the 70th scientific and practical conference of students and young scientists with international participation awarded by Samarkand State Medical Institute.
- He published “Results of surgical treatments of Ciari Anomaly” in 2014.
His engagement with many organisations is notable through the years 2013 to 2017, As a Scientific Researcher at the neurology and Neurosurgery clinic of Samarkand State Medical Institute he was responsible for:
- Examination of patients with neurological disorders,
- Entering a record of tests,
- Recording neurological symptoms of disorders,
- Compiling statistics,
- Analysing treatment methods and their effectiveness,
- Analysing complications after treatment,
- Analysing and entering statistics of the clinic’s case histories,
- Publishing articles based on the information received and innovation, create better ways to compile more perfect methods of speech neurological diseases on the basis of the study,
- Participating in the organisation of scientific conferences and symposiums in the clinic,
- Organizationing the scientific society of the clinic of neurology and Neurosurgery of the Samarkand Medical University, in which doctors and Students took part,
- participating in international conferences with his publications and receiving medals and certificates.
As a medical professional in the emergency room of the Samarkand Regional Hospital of Orthopedics and Traumatology he was responsible for:
- Admitting patients with injuries to the admissions department,
- Examining injury sites,
- Providing emergency medical care,
- Performing medical procedures-surgeries under the guidance of an Orthopaedic Traumatologist.
In today’s dynamic world possessing a mere educational degree is not sufficient, therefore Mr Akramov has proved learning and innovation is a continuous process. Moreover, his inclination to create mobile applications is apt for this generation where people look for more convenient options which are hassle-free yet allow them to keep track of their health. His unique developments in applications work through smartwatches, smartphones, and tablets. His creative mind and amazing scientific skills enabled him to create a new-age app available through platforms like AppStore and Google Play. Thus, one of the major contributions of Mr Akramov is to develop technological aid for epilepsy patients which is the Epihelp program. It is highly useful and helpful for patients as it helps them in detecting seizures beforehand. Everyone knows the importance of notifications, today with smartphones and new applications many important things are reminded to people through notifications. One of the key benefits of the Epi help program is that the relatives and friends of the patient will be notified before the seizures begin. The advantages are not limited to sending information as it goes further to building a healthy lifestyle for the patients. It offers a quality life by preventing the hazards of seizures. It is cost-effective and promotes a positive way of leading life. His mobile application is based on Micro-Electro-Mechanical System (MEMS) gyroscopes which are motion sensors that work on rotation and motions of the object around a particular axis: l-axis, 2-axis, and 3-axis identify excessive or repeated movements. Also, the medication tracker keeps a tab on the patient’s intake of medicines. Dealing with the severity of chronic disorders like epilepsy is challenging and often causes trauma to the patients. Also, research by The Epilepsy Foundation states that more than 1 ln 1,000 people with epilepsy die due to Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP). By keeping track of the triggers the mobile app like the Epihelp program creates awareness to the patients and the family about the symptoms to take necessary precautions. This step of early diagnosis and detection helps in tracking seizures.
With an amazing list of accomplishments that have truly demonstrated value, he certainly adds value and profitability to the economy of the country and its health ratio. He would bring about great change to society especially in the U.S. with the learnings and abilities that are greater than expected. Furthermore, his undivided attention to the patients and medical science acts as the crux for him to develop and create innovations that promote good health, make patients and society informed of new technological benefits to improve health, and with his wealth of knowledge that articulates to be greater than the certifications he would be an asset to the country adding more worth to the national interest.
Mr Akramov is surely an expert in his field with multilingual skills which bring advances to the field of rehabilitation science, neurology, and healthcare in the U.S. and his substantial contributions offer a wonderful impact on the national economy.