Fasting is practised in many cultures and has been in existence from centuries. While some fast due to religious reasons, there are others who fast to lose weight. Though these have been followed by many people from around the world, a number of investigations began at a later stage to understand the therapeutic benefits of the same. The new kind of fasting people now try is Water Fasting. So, what are the benefits of water fasting for 30 days? Well, let’s learn more about it.
What is 30 Day Water Fasting?
Do you know what is water fasting? Well, it is a kind of fasting where the individual consumes only water for the said period. Also known as Water Cleanse, this fasting does not fill you with any calories and thus is very different from calorie restricted diets as well.
But it is nearly impossible for a person to live on such a diet for a long time. Our human body cannot function properly without the needed calories and nutrients. Careful planning can still help you achieve short term weight loss goals using this kind of fasting.
A 30 day water fasting is when a person does not consume anything other than water. Many people are in an impression that herbal teas or zero calorie drinks are a part of this diet, but they are not. Though this sounds hard to achieve, the results are quite amazing.
Is Water Fasting For 30 Days Safe?
Water fasting for more than 72 hours is not considered to be safe and should not be practised without proper supervision. While there are a number of reviews from people about the 30 day water fast average weight loss they achieved, it is important to understand that it is not for everyone.
If you are new to fasting, it is better you start with a one or two days of water fasting. You might as well feel dizzy at times. Hence it is suggested you do not drive or operate heavy machinery during this time. Most of the people drink about 2 or 3 liters of water during their fast.
Also, water fasting can be done in intervals during the period of one month. You can follow water fasting for a day or two in a week and follow a strict diet for the rest of the weekdays. This pattern too helps achieve weight loss and can be followed for a month. If you wish to achieve 30 day water fast results without harming your health. It is better to follow this method.
13 Benefits of Water Fasting For 30 Days
- Help Lose Weight – Water fasting does help with weight loss and this is what interests most people. When you stop taking in calories, your body will start burning the fat and converts it into energy.
- Slows Down Aging – Well, though nothing can actually reverse aging process, water fasting can slow this down a little. Fasting in humans helps reduce the oxidative damage and also reduces inflammation.
- Improves cell recycling – Fasting does help with the natural healing process of our body. This helps destroy and also recycle any of the damaged tissues. This process is also called as Autophagy.
- Blood pressure – Water fasting also helps to lower blood pressure levels and hence can be used by people suffering from hypertension. But make sure you use short term water fasting.
- Improves Insulin Sensitivity – Insulin is one hormone that affects the metabolism of our body. Both insulin and leptin are required for the proper functioning of our body. Water fasting makes our body more sensitive to insulin and leptin. So, this means that your body is better at reducing the blood sugar levels.
- Triglycerides – Water fasting can also lower the triglyceride levels in our body, and this means that there is a low risk of heart diseases.
- Free Radicals – Water fasting can also protect our bodies from the damage caused by the free radicals. Free radicals can cause a number of chronic diseases and water fasting can help you get rid of them.
- Suppresses Cancer Causing Cells – Some studies have also shown that water fasting can suppress those genes which help in the growth of cancer causing cells.
- Fastest Way – With no calorie intake at all, this is known as the fastest method to lose weight. It is said that this method burns about 1 pound of fat in a day.
- Stress Levels – Water fasting also helps lower the stress levels. This thus helps in the total rejuvenation of the body. A number of people who have tried 3 or 7 days of water fasting have claimed that it worked wonders and they felt very energetic.
- Heart Disease – It is said that water fasting also helps reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Reduces Digestive Problems – People suffering from digestive problems can try water fasting for a day or two to get rid of their problems. This can reduce symptoms in conditions like gastritis, constipation, gas and irritable bowels.
- Aids In Spiritual Introspection – Water fasting will for sure help you become a better person, both physically and emotionally. People tend to have more control over their thoughts once they are done with this fasting.
People who can suppress their cravings for food and those who can stay active in spite of calorie deprivation can try the water fasting method.
The above mentioned are the benefits of water fasting for 30 days. It is also recommended to take an expert advice if you haven’t tried fasting before. As mentioned, do start with short term water fasting before moving on to the 30 day water fasting. Though there are claims about losing a drastic amount of weight, it is also important to keep your personal health in mind before you start implementing such diets. A doctor’s advice will for sure come in handy.
Medically Reviewed By