Taking malnutrition food is literally equivalent to not taking food at all, however, to some extent this can be substituted by taking multivitamin tablets. But, can we take multivitamins daily, and if so, how to take them.
Let us discuss in detail what multivitamins are and what difference they make to us.
What Are Multivitamins?
Simply said, they are medications that combine different types of vitamins which are usually present in foods we eat besides being present in different other natural resources.
These are generally used to give the body the vitamins that one may not get through food. Multivitamins are even used to answer vitamin deficiencies that are the result of pregnancy, illness, poor nutrition, digestive problems, and other varied conditions.
Besides the above, they may even be used to treat other conditions not said above. And also remember that at times, multivitamins for women may be different from multivitamins for men. Although a good option to treat lack of nutrition and other essential minerals of the body they should be taken with care.
Are Multivitamins Necessary?
The question is really a tough thing to answer and varies from individual to individual. The need of taking multivitamins depends on many reasons such as health, the food we take, and so on, so a simple one-shot answer may not fit this question. However, in general, the majority of people don’t need these and they can be gotten by taking a balanced and healthy diet.
Can We Take Multivitamins Daily?
Should one take multivitamins daily or once a while again depends on many factors. A few people may need to take daily while a few may not need taking them daily. Various factors determine if a person should take these tablets on a daily frequency or lesser frequency.
Benefits Of Multivitamins
Multivitamin’s benefits are many. The main benefits are as follows;
- They pave the way for healthy aging. As one ages the body’s need for nutrition and minerals increases, besides, the body also loses its capacity to absorb them, and as such taking them supplements the need of the body as it ages.
- A few studies have also found that they are good for the heart. A high-quality multivitamin may lower the chances of cardiovascular diseases. Vitamin supplements B1, B2, B6, K1, CoQ10, magnesium, and Niacin (B3) play a vital part in cardiovascular fitness.
- Vitamin C supplements increase immunity. The same is the case with Vitamin D and E. All these 3 also aid a person in lessening the allergy symptoms.
- Taking Vitamins A, E, C, Niacin (B3), and selenium boosts eye health. Zeaxanthin and Lutein safeguard the eyes from damaging light waves. A combination of vitamin supplements also lowers the risks of macular deterioration.
- Water-soluble vitamins such as B and C are not stored in the body so this loss can be made up for by taking supplements of them.
- At times one may need to take these multivitamin tablets for healthier skin and hair.
- They give an overall better feeling. They increase energy levels, decrease stress, and anxiety.
- They help in maintaining muscle strength and also save humans from free radicals.
- A few studies have also said that multivitamins pave the way for a healthier heart however, studies have yet to establish this fact.
Side Effects Of Multivitamins
Although multivitamins are good by nature they may have some side effects such as;
- Upset stomach
- Allergic reactions such as itching, rashes, swelling, and so on
- Breathing troubles
The list isn’t full and final and there may also be some other side effects that are not listed above. If you sense any of the above side effects or unusual changes in the body get in touch with your doctor.
Above all, you should also meet your doctor if the above symptoms don’t go away or if they increase in severity. In the majority of cases, these side effects are temporary and will go away on their own with time or as the body gets accustomed to them.
How To Take Them?
As far as taking them is concerned, keep in mind to stick to the suggestions given by your doctor or pharmacist.
Hope now you know why one takes multivitamins as such the answer to ‘’Can we take multivitamins daily’’ depends on many factors. Before taking them, seek your doctor’s advice.
Sudheendra is a passionate blogger for 8 years and holds a Degree in Journalism & Mass Communications. His writings particularly focus on health, medicine, diet & lifestyle. For him, everything that interlinks and relates to health & medical world entices him. His write-ups aim at educating people not by just giving facts but by infusing human touch.