The year 2020 will be a year to be remembered of course for the wrong reason: the spread of a dreadful disease that tore the world apart. Covid-19, as the virus is named, plundered the social and economic situation of all the countries of the world. It started on a low note, but due to the ignorance of people and uncertainty about the Myths and Facts of the Covid-19 vaccine, it spread like wildfire, disrupting the normal functioning of our daily lives.
Knowing the facts and myths of coronavirus will help us save the situation. Here we go with them.
All the nations worked day and night constantly to produce the perfect vaccine for the treatment of the Covid-19 virus. Finally, a Ray of Hope emerged where the World Health Organization approved a covid-19 vaccine. It was a breakthrough in the world of medicine that raised an aspiration among us to live. The vaccine was made available to the common people after completing various tests with a positive result.
The vaccine is safe when injected and is available to anyone above the age of 18 years. For those who have already been infected with Coronavirus, a minimum of 3 months have to be maintained before taking the vaccine.
A person develops and shows the symptoms of the Coronavirus, the moments he disobeys the basic safety measures continuously. The common symptoms are fever, cough and cold, and lack of breathlessness. Proper care must be taken if not it can lead to death.
Therefore, the patient infected with this virus needs to get himself quarantined immediately for 14 days to not spread to his family members. The people who were in close contact with him before he was infected must immediately get themselves tested.
Myths Of Covid-19 Vaccine
The Covid-19 vaccine, however, does not imply that if a person is vaccinated, he will not be infected with the disease. Some innumerable myths and facts have been incurred in the recent past. The vaccine is just an immunization like pulse polio. There is a chance that you will be infected even after being vaccinated.
Hence, it is highly recommended that you must follow the rules for being safe against the virus religiously. From the time the Covid-19 vaccine has been developed and made available to people, there are many rumors about its side effects.
The common myths about the vaccine and its effects are the following;
- The covid-19 vaccine is not safe as it was developed in haste.
- The DNA of a person will be affected.
- The vaccine is created with a tracking device. Hence once a person is injected with the vaccine, you will track his whereabouts.
- Once you take the vaccine, you will likely suffer from allergies with other side effects.
- It causes infertility in women.
- Once you receive the vaccine, it will not recur again.
- You can defy all safety measures after taking the vaccine.
- Complications will arise, leading to death after you take the vaccine.
Facts Of Covid Vaccine
Human beings sometimes have a wrong notion to think that they are intelligent enough to come to any conclusion. As a result, they become immune to the facts without getting into the root of the cause.
Following are the facts that have to be infused into the brains of the people;
- The Covid-19 vaccine is safe as before making it available for public use, it has been tested rigorously with effective and positive results.
- There are no major side effects of the Covid-19 vaccine. You may suffer from a slight fever, muscle pain, or pain where it has been injected.
- There have been a lot of speculations regarding the Covid vaccine and fertility. The fertility of a woman is not at all affected by the Covid-19 vaccine.
- You have to wear a mask and continue using safety measures even if you are vaccinated.
- You may still get Covid-19 after being vaccinated.
The results of the Covid-19 vaccine are exuberant. The vaccine has been created in record time with nations working together and helping each other. It is a milestone in the history of medical science. Although there have been many myths and facts of the Covid-19 vaccine, the medical pundits have rubbished the rumors.
Sudheendra is a passionate blogger for 8 years and holds a Degree in Journalism & Mass Communications. His writings particularly focus on health, medicine, diet & lifestyle. For him, everything that interlinks and relates to health & medical world entices him. His write-ups aim at educating people not by just giving facts but by infusing human touch.