When looking through the online and social media streets, you might come across people asking what is the absolute fastest way to get into ketosis. It is one word you won’t also fail to see when checking out diabetes or weight loss information.
Ketosis is the metabolic process that helps the body to continue working. If the body lacks enough carbohydrates for the cells to burn energy, and then it burns the fats instead. It makes ketones in this process. For a healthy person who has been taking a balanced diet, the body is able to control the fats it burns and therefore does not make ketones. Cutting down on calories or carbs enables the body to switch to ketosis faster. The same can happen during pregnancy or exercising for long.
Ketosis is a sign of not using enough insulin in people with diabetes. Ketosis is deemed as a danger when the ketones build up as the high levels can make changes in the blood chemicals as well as cause dehydration.
Absolute Fastest Ways to Get Into Ketosis
Ketosis is a popular natural way to lose weight that many people are embracing every day. There are various ways that ensure your busy proteins are fueling your bodies such as the paleo and Atkins diet. Other than burning the fat, ketosis assists in maintaining the muscles. One is also less hungry most times.
Ketosis kicks in within the first 3 or 4 days of eating not over 50grams of carbohydrates per day for people who are not expectant or diabetic. Such includes taking small bananas, low-fat fruit yoghurt and a few slices of bread. You can also choose to fast to get into ketosis. Epileptic children are put on keto diet by the doctors as a way of preventing seizures. Adults with the same issues are sometimes put on Atkins diet which is modified.
Following are The Fastest Ways to Get Your Body Ketosis
- Increasing Healthy Fat IntakeFat is considered dangerous by those people who have a misconception that it is a threat to weight loss. It is essential to increase fat intake since most of the times. Your body will be relying on healthy fats. Oils that are not heavily processed tend to give the best results. Such include
- Olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Coconut oil among other healthy oils.
Increasing the healthy fats intake is one of the fastest tested and verified ways of getting into ketosis.
- Fewer Carbohydrates IntakeGlucose is the main source of the body energy and when the carbohydrates intake is low, less glucose is produced. The body, in turn, turns to other natural sources that fuels energy. Consuming low carb fruits and vegetables and having a low carb diet is an excellent strategy of getting into ketosis. The results of these are fast weight loss through fewer intakes of the carbohydrates.
- Balanced Protein Level ConsumptionFor you to achieve ketosis, you also need to pay attention to the protein levels that get into your body. You need to balance the protein levels intake as a lot of proteins are not going to be of any benefit. With ketosis, the whole process is about balancing to get maximum results.Proteins are considered as the easy to go when it comes to a healthy diet, but still, caution needs to be taken when it comes to ketosis. Excess proteins are converted into glucose which in turn raises the insulin levels in the body. The process enhances storage of the fats thus hindering the body from getting into ketosis.
- ExercisingThe body stores enough glycogen in the muscles and liver that can help sustain an almost 2 hours exercise. The burning off of the glycogen can take between 1-10 days depending on your carb intake and how active you are in terms of exercise. It is vital to change your work out for you to reach ketosis. Exercising more becomes more relevant when you want to accelerate your weight loss.
- Keto Supplement IntakeThere are various supplements available out there that help you get into ketosis quickly. The keto supplements ensure that you get into ketosis within the first 24 hours. It is the fastest method of getting into ketosis known through its effectiveness. However, the taste of the exogenous ketones is not pleasing. The raw exogenous ketones are a game changer and work efficiently and faster.
- FastingUndertaking a water fast ketosis is advantageous as the body is able to flush out toxins in the body. It is a suitable way of getting into ketosis as the body metabolism is increased. Fasting helps the body to hasten the speed of getting into ketosis as well as maintaining that position for long.
- Respecting the AppetiteIt’s vital to respect your appetite if you want to get into ketosis and maintain your position there. Eating when you are hungry is the way to go. Most times, you might find yourself eating a lot or taking something anytime you have cravings which are not healthy. Make sure you have a habit of only taking meals when hungry as this will decrease the chances of taking access goof that is not required in the body.Respecting the appetite should not be mistaken with dehydrating. Water is an important aspect which should be taken into consideration when dieting. You can make a habit of taking water first before you think of fulfilling the cravings you have. Learning to respect your diet is another fast way of getting into ketosis faster.
Ketosis is a natural process that helps people to keep fit and a lot of people are using this method all over the world. Following the above-given tips will answer the commonly asked question on what is the absolute fastest way to get into ketosis. Maintain the same position is also vital. Going behind your keto diet and having imbalanced intakes of foods can hinder you from getting into ketosis or maintaining the same position.
Medically Reviewed By