Recently, are you experiencing some kind of discomfort and pain in your testicles? Do you know the reasons for testicle pain? Pain in the testicle region can arise due to some minor injury, and slowly it subsides. But, in case, you continue experiencing the pain in the testicle area, it is one of the most significant concerns and if you are the victim then must address it soon.
Are you Aware of the Reasons for Testicle Pain?
Testicles are the male reproductive organs, egg-shaped and located in the scrotum. If you are having any sorts of discomfort in the said region, it is necessary that you are aware of the reasons for testicle pain. It is possible only through a doctor’s examination and undergoing several diagnostic tests and evaluations.
What are the Situations to be Concerned about?
In order to understand the testicle pain and the discomfort, you have to evaluate the specific symptoms. Several signs and symptoms point towards a severe situation due to which you are experiencing minor as well as severe pain in the testicles. Let us have a look at the conditions when you must get in touch with a doctor.
Apart from the pain in the testicles, if you suffer the following, medical attention is immediately necessary.
- You get a fever
- You have seen any sort of bump or small lump in the scrotum area
- The scrotum is red in appearance and very warm and tender to touch
- You have nausea and vomiting
- The testicle pain is severe and unbearable
- The testicle pain occurs almost after an hour or so after the injury
If you experience the following symptoms coupled with testicle pain, you must seek an appointment with the doctor and go for medical attention. This helps to diagnose and find out the reasons for testicle pain that has made your life messed up completely.
The Common Reasons for Testicle Pain
One of the common reasons for testicle pain is injury or trauma. But, often there are certain medical issues that result in testicle pain, and it demands some severe treatment. They include:
- Kidney stones
- Hydrocele, which is basically the swelling of the scrotum.
- Gangrene that results in the tissues getting wholly damaged due to untreated trauma or injury to the scrotum.
- Diabetic neuropathy that is known to damage the scrotum nerves.
- A hernia
- Epididymitis, which is the inflammation of the testicle, and is caused by sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia.
- Orchitis, which is the testicle inflammation
- The presence of the enlarged veins in the testicles, known as Varicocele.
- The presence of fluid in the testicle, known as Spermatocele. This is one of the reasons for testicle pain and must be immediately treated.
- A testicle that remains in the abdomen instead of descending into the scrotum.
Medical Condition for Testicle Pain among Young Males
Testicular torsion is a medical condition that is one of the several reasons for testicle pain. It is a medical emergency where the testicle can become twisted, that results in the elimination of the blood supply for the testis. The medical condition usually affects males between the age groups of 10 to 20 years. It is necessary for you to make sure that you seek immediate medical help without any delay or else there can be damage to the testicle.
Does Testicle Pain Indicate Cancer?
Often people believe that if there is a continuous pain in a particular area of your body, it might be cancer. Well, if you are suffering pain in the testicle, it is not necessarily because of testicular cancer. A disease is not one of the reasons for testicle pain. Testicular cancer usually causes lumps in the testicles, and in the majority of the time, they are painless. It is best to seek a doctor’s appointment and get things checked and evaluated.
What are the Complications of Testicle Pain?
Once your doctor is successful in diagnosing the reasons for testicle pain, he/she will prescribe with the best possible medicines and treatment options. Hence, in the majority of the cases of testicle pain, you will be treated successfully by your doctor. But, if any, of the reason, is left untreated, there can be severe damage done to the testicles and scrotum.
In conditions like testicular torsion or STD like Chlamydia, if the infection is left untreated and the testicle pain is also ignored, you will be doing some serious crime. It will permanently damage your testicles, and your fertility and reproduction potential will be affected negatively. Testicular torsion, when left untreated, can give rise to gangrene, which is a fatal situation.
Preventing Pain in the Testicle
You cannot ignore the fact that every kind of pain that you experience in the testicle can be avoided. But there are certain measures and steps that you can practice in order to reduce the causes and reasons for testicle pain. Let us have a look at the levels:
- Go to a doctor and get examined for any changes in the testicles in case of any discomfort.
- Examine the presence of lumps.
- It is imperative that you make sure that you are having safe sex if your partner suffers from STDs. Using a condom during the intercourse is the best means to adapt. STD infection is one of the top reasons for testicle pain.
- In case, you are into sports; it is best to take precautions by wearing an athletic supporter and guard against any kind of injuries to the testicles.
- You can prevent urinary tract infections by making sure that you empty your bladder completely whenever you feel to urinate. According to various doctors, it is proven that urinary tract infection is the main reason for testicle pain.
Are you experiencing pain in your testicles? Well then, you must find out the reasons for testicle pain. Based on the symptoms and the causes, you should seek medical treatment.The above mentioned are some of the measures you can practice in order to prevent experiencing discomfort and pain in the testicles. In case, the pain persists and continues for a longer period of time; it is best to consult a doctor. When you are aware of the reasons for testicle pain, you can undertake certain actions that can help you lead a trouble-free life.
Medically Reviewed By